Saturday, April 30, 2011

Auditions: Saturday, April 30, 2011

This page contains auditions posted on Saturday, April 30, 2011.

With Easter just behind us, and Mother's Day next on the main holiday list, I have been very surprised by how many people choose to shoot and rehearse on holidays, especially those centered around family. With a local professional theater company doing a 12 hour tech on Easter, many short films shooting late night scenes on the evening and into the night on Easter, numerous auditions on Easter, and a number of various auditions and film shoots on Mother's Day, I couldn't believe I would be forced to choose between spending time with family and working on a very widely celebrated holiday.

We recently discussed the struggle actors and those involved in the film and theater industry face when working to balance family and a social life with work. This is something I struggled with again as I turned down auditions and paid film opportunities to choose spending this holiday with family instead of on a film set. Would filmmakers shoot on Christmas Day? Maybe...but would you leave your kids and family to shoot for a non paying role in a short film? How about for a paying role?

What are your thoughts on working on holidays? Is this just something that comes with the territory, and did you shoot on Easter, or plan to do so on Mother's day?

Let's open the discussion and chat about your thoughts on working on holidays celebrated by the majority of people throughout the year. Would you choose to work, and what are some reasons you would choose to do so?

As always, if you are a fan of the blog, please share this with actor friends. If you have any feedback for me on how to improve my blog, share this with me so that I may work on improving the blog.

Thanks.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUDITIONS

Hello Everyone,

My name is Thomas O'Cain and, I am a graduating student at the Northwest Film Center School of Film. I am working on my final project and, I am holding auditions tomorrow and, Saturday at the film center, ( 934 SW Salmon), from 9:30am - 5:00pm. The title of my film is YES.
I need the following:
A twenty-something, male.(lead).
A twenty-something, pretty brunette female.(lead).
A twenty-something, pretty blonde female.(lead).
A middle-aged couple that are good dancers.(supporting).
Two thirty-something, males.(supporting).
A twenty-something, male.(supporting).
Two twenty-something, females.(supporting).
Ten to twenty extras.
I apologize for such short notice. For everyone interested in auditioning but, unable to make these days, I will be holding more auditions. I promise to give more warning next time. I plan to start shooting in June. If you have any questions, call me at 503-927-4315. Thank you all.

Sincerely,
- Thomas O'Cain - Director

Reply to: thomasocain@yahoo.com

Source: PDX Backstage


----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Job Opening: Male Dance Teacher

Hello,

Riverside Performing Arts (riversidepa.com) in downtown Vancouver is looking for a male dance teacher to start a boys dance program. Right now classes will be one day per week and I'm flexible as to when that day will be. When the program grows, more hours will be available. This teacher must have experience teaching ballet, jazz and tap. Payment will be based on experience.

Thank you!
Annie Warf
Owner/Director
Riverside Performing Arts
(360) 694-8662

Please email resumes to info@riversidepa.com.

Source: PDX Backstage

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actress for new sitcom needed

I have created a new sitcom. I need an actress. Age range I am looking for is late 20s and older.
I can't afford to pay anybody but the experience will be great. e-mail me if interested. There will be pizza :)

Thank you

David

Reply to: excalibur@reborn.com

Source: PDX Backstage

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

TV-Style Presenters Needed for Videos (Portland)

You need charisma and screen presence.
We are recording family-friendly material.
Please send headshot, bio, and a link to a reel if you have one.

Also, don't ignore this posting just because you are in an older age group—we're looking forward to hearing from you!

Compensation: $10-$15 per hour to start

Reply to: gigs-eynjf-2354161139@craigslist.org

Source: Craigslist

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Talent Wanted

The Oregon Waves Basketball Team is looking for some phenomenal half time performers. If you are a dance group,singer,face painter,juggler,band,little league sports team,gymnastics team,karate team anything that would grab the audience attention we want you. Our first home game is May 12th. so we would like to have someone to rock the house!!! You can check out the Oregon Waves website out at www.iblhoopsonline.com/oregon_waves/

Shantelly Miles
Director of Marketing and Events

no pay

Reply to: gigs-8rvz6-2354032516@craigslist.org

Source: Craigslist

----------------------------------------------------------------------------